Whether you are a vacationer or resident of this beautiful city along the Gulf of Mexico, there are a number of activities to keep you busy in or around Bonita Springs all year round. Here is a list of some of the most popular attractions/activities (not in any particular order of excitement):
1. Spend the day at the beach. Bonita Springs is known nationwide for its beautiful beaches with soft, white sand extending for miles upon miles. You can lay out, swim, fish, go shelling, rent or bring your own kayak, windsurf, play some volleyball, and even see dolphins on occasion. Check out Bonita Springs Public Beach, Barefoot Beach, Bonita Beach Park, Dog Beach (pet-friendly beach), or Little Hickory Island Beach Park. You can also check out Lover’s Key Beach (has entrance fee), which is just north of Bonita Springs, and is one of the top rated beaches in the country.
2. Go shopping. There are tons of shopping outlets and malls in Bonita Springs. The biggest shopping centers in the area include Coconut Point Mall, The Promenade at Bonita Bay, Miromar Outlets in nearby Estero, Gulf Coast Town Center, and Flamingo Island Flea Market. Check out my shopping page for further information.
3. Play some golf. Bonita Springs contains and is surrounded by amazing public and private golf courses to suit any skill level. Southwest Florida is known to have an extremely high number of beautiful golf courses with over 150. Many of the courses were designed by well-known architects and you can find PGA Tour players coming to Southwest Florida to play our famous holes.
4. Check out Everglades Wonder Gardens. This outdoor wildlife park contains more than 2000 types of native plants and wildlife such as: lush botanical gardens, black bears, Florida panthers, exotic and native birds, rattlesnakes, flamingos, numerous reptiles, and more. They claim to have the world’s biggest American crocodile named “Big Joe”, who weighs over 1000 pounds and is 15 feet long.
5. Relax at the Stillwater Spa. Looking to relieve stress? The Stillwater Spa is a 19,000 square foot spa that is the center of attention of the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa. The spa offers numerous treatment therapies catered to each individual’s needs.
6. Rent a boat for the day. You have so many options by renting a boat, including, among other things, going fishing, heading down to Naples and seeing the mansions, observing all of the different types of birds including bald eagles, and checking out the dolphins and manatees (on occasion). One of the more well known places to rent boats is Bay Water Boat Rentals.
7. Check out the art galleries. The Art League of Bonita Springs offers local exhibitions and national traveling exhibitions each year. If you are an art lover, check out their schedule to find out when the next big festival will take place.
8. Visit the Koreshan State Historical Site in Estero outside Bonita Springs. This is a nationally recognized historical site, where you can view historic buildings, take guided tours, go camping, and even go canoeing on the Estero River. The site was originally started by a religious cult that developed a utopian community, and now is a historical site for your pleasure.
9. Take a fishing charter. There are numerous fishing charters located in Bonita Springs. Southwest Florida is known for some of the best fishing in Florida with areas filled with large fish in the right places. There are many barrier islands, small keys, and many near shore reefs. When fishing in Bonita Springs, there are a number of species such as redfish, trout, grouper, snook, flounder, mackerel, snapper and many more varieties.
10. Check out nearby Germain Arena. While located in Estero, this entertainment venue is extremely close to Bonita Springs FL. You can check out tons of music concerts, wrestling events, family events, hockey games of the Florida Everblades, and arena football played by the Florida Firecats. This is a massive facility with a capacity for 8,200 people for concerts and 7,200 for hockey games. With such a wide variety of events, you are sure to find something that interests you.